.

Saturday, March 23, 2019

An Attempt At Understanding Dreams Essay -- essays research papers

An search At Understanding DreamsA a few(prenominal) months ago I watched a word-painting called The Candy soldiery. It was ahorror movie about this psychotic cleaning woman who massacres people around her but hasno predilection what shes doing. An imaginary wolf called The Candyman isappearing to her and talking to her, and she actually deems that hes the onewho is doing the murdering. Anyway, it was a scary movie and I had a bit of funfreaking out my mother that shadow by telling her that The Candyman provide appearto her in her dreams (although I didnt think about the consequences if hereally appeared to her and she killed all of us while we were dormancy).Fortunately for my mother (and the rest of us), she didnt dream about him thatnight. A few weeks later, I did, though However, I didnt get very scared in mydream because thanks to a certain technique that I positive a few years ago, Ican close tohow distract any dangers in my dreams by knowing that Im pipe dream and thatnothing drear can happen to me. This helped me in a lot of annoying dreams originallybecause when Im in trouble I sometimes secure fly extraneous in certain situations inthe dream or I just ignore it and tell the bad guy that he cant hurt me becauseI know its just a dream. I have no idea until today how Im able to do that,but it really makes me wonder. I as well as dont know why I had that dream a fewweeks later the movie and not the same night I watched it, especially that I hadcompletely forgotten about it until the night of the dream, at least consciously.Anyway, I decided to use the chance of having to write a paper for psychology 201 and I almost instantly knew that I was going to explore the foundation ofdreams and the process of dreaming. Before I go any further though, I think Iknow from the start that no matter how such(prenominal)(prenominal) material I gather or people Iinterview, I will not be able to explain the process of dreaming because Ibelieve that it is so complex and mysterious that no man can claim to really empathise it. The maximum that I deficiency to achieve is just to admire thisincredible phenomenon and to at least learn to clarify some of the little detailssurrounding it.Some questions tot to my mind immediately when I think about dreamsWhat causes dreams? Does everybody dream? Do dreams have significant meanings inreality? Why do some dreams seem so weird and out of ... ...echnology. The mainproblem is the outstanding diversity of the issue and the difficulty of conductingphysical experiments and analysis on such a phenomenon. It is a phenomenon thatdefies the laws of physics and society, and the limits of dreams are stretchedas far as the human imagination goes. The best we can do is to give peculiar(a)explanations that we think might work with us, but the true secrets of dreamingwill never be uncovered. We can just share our dreams and try to understand someevents that happen to dreamers all around the world, w hich makes us appreciatedreams much and more.Works CitedAbdel Hamid, Ranya, 22 yrs., Mechanical Engineering major at say University.Aristotle, On Dreams, 350 B.C.Atkinson, Rita L., Introduction To Psychology, 1993.Dreams Interpretation Services & Resources, http//www1.rider.edu/suler/dreams.html, 1996.Farrag, Mariam, 20 yrs., governmental Science major at State University.Ghaleb, Teymour, 23 yrs., Marketing analyst at Daewoo Co.Hassan, Farouk, Dr., Practicing Psychiatrist.Rafik, Nadine, 17 yrs., student at State University.Shawky, Safinaz, 21 yrs., economic science major at State University.

No comments:

Post a Comment